A design is only as good as its brief. Here are some tips for briefing a design agency that will help you get the outcomes you want.
- Start with the results; what do you want the project to achieve? What are your business objectives?
- Make sure your agency understands exactly what your company does. And how this project fits into the bigger picture.
- List your main competitors and explain how you differ from them.
- Who are you targeting? Are there several groups of customers? Think about age, occupation etc., and also their views and tastes, what worries them and how you solve those problems.
- What do you want the audience to hear? Define the key message and any secondary messages.
- What do you want your audience to do as a result of hearing those messages?
- Find examples of styles you want to achieve.
- Set clear time scales and budgets.
- Trust the designer to do the creative bit.
- When you evaluate the concepts, do it objectively: list the pros and cons. Ask yourself “How well does this meet the brief?” “Does it transmit the right message?” rather than “Do I like it?”
The start of the Feelingpeaky design process
For all Feelingpeaky design projects we provide a comprehensive project briefing document. This forms the foundation to our process of helping you to get the designs you want. Have a design project? Call Feelingpeaky on 020 8997 4700.